Hi,

In my experiment on http://trylua.mamasam.com I use the Lua extension
for PHP which you can find only in the php SVN because it hasn't been
released yet. This way, PHP can control the resources used by Lua and
in case the values set for max_execution_time or memory_limit are
exceeded, trigger an error which you can catch to display a nice error
message and end the script correctly. If you are proficient in C, this
Lua extension for PHP needs some love I think:

http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/lua/

Then there is my version which is probably all wrong since I am not an expert:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/lua/branches/NO_LUA_TABLE/lua.c?r1=283952&r2=283955

----
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam