On Mon, 31 May 2010, Gilles Ganault wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 19:48:19 +0200, Duboucher Thomas
> <thomas@duboucher.eu> wrote:
> >	If the module is pure Lua, yes; If it makes use of C, then the module
> >has to be available for the targeted platform.
>
> Thanks for the answer. To avoid spending time learning/developing in
> Lua, only to find out that a crucial module won't work on the
> platform... is there a way to tell if a module is pure-Lua or C-based

Yes, there is: Download the source of the module and look at it.  C
code is visually very different from Lua code.  Moreover, lua source
code usually is in files with the extension .lua.

> (in which case, I must contact the author to check if it'll compile on
> the non-x86 platform such as Blackfin processors)?

You don't need to do that either.  If by inspection of the source you
determine that it contains some C code, you can try to compile the
module and see if it builds.  You'll be needing to do this for any
module which contains C anyway, since most authors have never heard of
Blackfin and certainly don't have the opportunity to compile their
module for you.

Cheers,

Joonas