* Antonio Vieiro:

> As far as I undestand JIT optimization gives better results than any
> sort of static code optimization [1]. This is, JIT can outperform any
> optimization done by any compiler statically.

It's not true for startup/warmup time, and not necessarily true for
memory footprint on multi-process systems (such as all current desktop
and server operating systems).  But beyond that, JIT compilation is
theoretically superior because by definition, it has more data to work
with than ahead-of-time compilation (and you could even try the
ahead-of-time version and see if it's faster and use that).