Hallo,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Chris Hafey <chafey@gmail.com> wrote:

> PS - I didn't see this explicitly discussed in the Building Modules wiki
> page, although there are some hints.  I'll update the page once I get all
> the details.
>

>From that page:

"Although it may be tempting to link modules against the static
libraries containing the Lua core (lua*.a), this is not a good idea.

Essentially you are adding a copy of the whole Lua core (or at least
large parts of it) to every module. Apart from being a waste of space
this may lead to very difficult to diagnose problems. The different
instances of the core code don't know anything about each other and
may not necessarily be in sync."

I guess what is said here for modules apply as well to shared libraries.

Cheers,
--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/