Hi,
 I am new to Lua and don't know its internals (yet) so I don't know what dummynode means.  It does sound familiar though - I think I saw it referenced in the call stack for the crash. Can you ellaborate on what the dummynode is or point me to some documentaiton on it?  I did a quick google search but didn't find anything.  Thanks all for the quick responses!

Chris

PS - I didn't see this explicitly discussed in the Building Modules wiki page, although there are some hints.  I'll update the page once I get all the details.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>   I have a project that has code multiple shared libraries, two of
> which are linking to lua statically.

This is asking for trouble.

> This makes me think that there is some static data in Lua that is not
> contained in lua_State and that is causing this problem.

Exactly. It's the dummynode problem.