On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:05:55 +0200
Satz Klauer <satzklauer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> So my question: how can this be implemented? Is there already an
> interface in LUA that gives this possibility? Or do I have to modify
> the soources of the interpreter?

This is precisely what Lua (note, it's not an acronym :) already does.
The command line "lua" interpreter is just a client of liblua, like any
application that wants to embed it might be.

You'll want to read the sections of the manual on the C API[1], and
possibly Programming in Lua[2], which includes working examples of how
to do it.

B.

[1] http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#3
[2] First edition is readable for free on the website;
http://www.lua.org/pil/24.html