On 19.05.2010 09:16, steve donovan wrote:

> Very easy to write ipairs in Lua, if needed. But I'm still not
> convinced that we need to simplify the language to this point!  For
> one thing, there's _lots_ of code that uses ipairs.

...and lots of examples and documentation, which will not get updated so
quick:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ipairs

I admit I was confused with ipairs/pairs when I first read about it, but
I think today I would miss it. Surely it depends on the implementation,
but it teaches you how to write more efficient code.

Regards,
miko