On Wed, 19 May 2010 13:53:28 +0200, Gilles Ganault
<gilles.ganault@free.fr> wrote:
>What are the precise steps to install and run Xavante, whether it's
>into the standard Lua SDK, or the LuaForWindows SDK?

I made some progress: It appears that I don't need the Lua binaries or
the LuaForWindows binaries, but rather, just need to download/unzip
and install the LuaRocks package that contains everything I need.

Next, I cd'ed to C:\LuaRocks\2.0\, opened a DOS box to run the
following command to download and install the Xavante module:

luarocks install xavante

Finally, I ran "luarocks list" to check that Xavante, wsapi, and
wsapi-xavante were installed.

At this point, I don't know what to do run Xavante. The manual says
things like "After the Xavante module is loaded" (what does it mean?)
or "A typical use would be (assuming the Xavante module is already
loaded)" (Do I need to build a .lua source script to start Xavante? If
yes, what do I need?).

http://keplerproject.github.com/xavante/manual.html

Would someone know what to do next to get Xavante started and waiting
for queries?

Thank you.