On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 09:16:00AM +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> Very easy to write ipairs in Lua, if needed.
always was, both old and new behaviour

> But I'm still not
> convinced that we need to simplify the language to this point!
definitely zilch reason to touch ipairs at all.

> For one thing, there's _lots_ of code that uses ipairs.
right, it's ridiculous.

Even though 5.2 seems bound to break code left and right,
just keep ipairs as it was,
consistent with usual iterator behaviour (stops on nil),
and have those who want in 1,#t use just that.

best