On Wed, 12 May 2010 10:42:15 -0700, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:38, Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> wrote:
Google progresses with NaCl, its system to safely run native code in the
browser. Not only can it run the Lua interpreter, but they already did the
porting:
http://blog.chromium.org/2010/05/sneak-peek-at-native-client-sdk.html

Now I don't know whether their code checker will accept something as
black-magic-loaded as LuaJIT, and it wouldn't run on ARM-based
phones/tablets anyway, but I'd be interested to see progresses on this
front...
-- Fabien.

Seriously? Lua as a client-side web scripting language? I never
thought I'd see the day, but I always hoped... :D

As have I.

Now, if somebody can do this for Firefox, we may have a serious contender here. ("Use the same tech for your client and server" would be a pretty sweet sales point.)