On 11 May 2010 12:50, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
Unfortunately it is not true ;) The _expression_ "#..." does make sense
and has a clear meaning, consistent with #f(x) (and with -f(x), -...,
etc.). And there are no plans to change varargs in 5.2.

One thing I wonder is why functions accept any number of arguments by default, instead of requiring an exact number (this is a pet peeve of mine, since I often call functions with the wrong number of arguments by accident). Functions which require a variable number of arguments (or optional arguments) could still use ... to get them.

    henk