On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:50, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> >The way vararg currently works, "#..."
>> >wouldn't syntactically make sense, though I agree the way it currently
>> >works is awkward and as I understand it's being changed in 5.2.
>>
>> That's good news.
>
> Unfortunately it is not true ;) The expression "#..." does make sense
> and has a clear meaning, consistent with #f(x) (and with -f(x), -...,
> etc.). And there are no plans to change varargs in 5.2.
>
> -- Roberto

I'm sure I've heard it repeatedly stated that vararg would change in
5.2 in this very list. Also:
> function f(x,...) print(#...) end
> f(1,2,3,4)
stdin:1: attempt to get length of a number value
It doesn't work, because "#..." expands to "#2,3,4" which doesn't make sense.

--
Sent from my toaster.