On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Duboucher Thomas <thomas@duboucher.eu> wrote:
>        I tried to work on a LuaRocks package for Fedora 12 and ran into
> several difficulties, namely some difficulties to have both Rocks and
> RPMs installed at the same time.

We try hard not to interfere with the system's native package manager.
As of LuaRocks 2.x, by default system-wide installs of LuaRocks use
/usr/local (which AFAIK is not used by distro package managers) and
using multiple module dirs is a matter of configuring LUA_PATH and
LUA_CPATH. The major shortcoming in mixing modules managed by multiple
systems is that one system won't be aware of packages installed by the
other system when looking for dependencies. This may leave you with
duplicated packages, which may or may not be a problem.

Cheers,
-- Hisham