On Wed, 5 May 2010 14:09:32 -0500, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
>what Ignacio suggested is that you can install CGILua manually on
>_your_ machine, since it's pure Lua, the installation is just dropping
>the .lua files on the right places (which can be relative to the lua
>interpreter).  so, after you (both manually and with help from
>LuaRocks) configure all you want in a self-contained folder, just zip
>it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding: I only started looking at Lua
yesterday, so at this point, I'm still a bit in the dark :-)

I seem to have understood that there are currently two versions of the
Lua binaries for Windows, just like Python (from www.python.org and
www.activestate.com):

- the basic, standard version
http://luabinaries.luaforge.net/download.html

- a version that comes with a bunch of options already included
http://code.google.com/p/luaforwindows/

With just the basic version lua5_1_4_Win32_bin.zip, is it possible to
compile CGILua so I can use it with lua5.1.exe to handle CGI calls
from a web server?

Alternatively, can I use/compile the Xavante web server using just the
basic version of Lua, so I would remove the Mongoose web server from
the ZIP file.

Thank you.