On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:38:41 -0500, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
>On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Gilles Ganault <gilles.ganault@free.fr> wrote:
>> For those of you experience Lua developpers: Would Lua be a good
>> solution for this configuration?
>
>absolutely, but if you're going to recompile mongoose, you can get rid
>of CGI, and call Lua functions directly.
>
>If you don't want to hack C++, another alternative is Lighttpd, which
>already has Lua hooks which can get an early peek of the request, and
>optionally inject a response.

Thanks for the input. The ideal solution is a single-EXE web server
that somehow loads a compact interpreter installed in the same
directory and run a script that will call the SQLite library.

I'd like to avoid having to run an installer and configure things
afterward, so unzipping a ZIP file into a directory and launching the
web server with a default configuration file should be all the user
has to do.

Has someone already used Lua with a a compact web server like Mongoose
or Lighttpd, and could tell me if it's possible to wrap the whole
thing into a portable ZIP file?

BTW, what is LuaCGI, and do I need it in addition to installing Lua to
run web scripts?

Thank you.