----- Original Message -----
From: Roberto Ierusalimschy
Date: 4/27/2010 6:46 AM
Using Lua in anyway will be a risk. If Apple think its not legal then it is
not :)
Using anything for the iPhone is a risk. The motto "If Apple think its
not legal then it is not" does not depend on Lua.

(For instance, see http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/rhodri-marsden-why-does-apple-block-some-iphone-apps-and-not-others-1767244.html)
Most games I am involved with use all Lua file formats. Ignoring the scripting language risk (according to Apple) itself, I would like to know how Apple would handle me potentially releasing an iPhone game that used the Lua APIs for data access. :)

I can see it now: "You may only use .plist files for loading your data, but you may not interpret that data in a way that would cause it to call a callback in your application..."

-Josh