On 13/04/10 02:05, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
We already sent the changes as a patch to Patrick (because we're good guys).
Though I don't think he used our patch verbatim, Patrick incorporated our
feedback (because he's also good). He produced a new release and also
relocated it to http://batbytes.com/lua-signal/ .
I probably missed the announcement in the mailing list, sorry.

It is a shame that LuaRocks version is so outdated.

However Prosody hasn't switched, and won't be just yet. The new lua-signal
is changed somewhat, and has a debug hook permanently set. Though this
wouldn't bother most applications, it bothers us (we both use debug hooks
for debugging, and well, we're a realtime network server and it badly hurts
throughput). Patrick indicated that he would be happy to amend the official
lua-signal to reflect our concerns, but to the best of my knowledge has not
yet done so. We'll likely switch to the official version when it includes
these changes.
Um. Permanently set debug hook is not good. This means I wouldn't be
able to use new release as well.

Perhaps there is another signal handling library out there?

There are likely a bunch, such as the various POSIX libs. Though I guess there's no harm in just using the Prosody version of lua-signal until Patrick releases a new version if the debug hook is the only thing that bothers you.

Matthew