Dinu Gherman wrote:
Therefore my question is, more or less, is that really so? And if it
is, what's the recommended method for handling i18n/l10n in Lua?
We use Lua with gettext within our project, albeit to a limited extent.  A
simple Lua interface to basic gettext calls is implemented and we use
lua-xgettext for message extraction. We did some small fixes to lua-xgettext
and sent them upstream but not all were accepted, it seems. If you need them
I could provide them.

Otherwise it is a working solution.

Oh, and no "_" variable usage, of course :)

Sincerely,
Nick