Tony Finch wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Mike Pall wrote:
> > The unwind support certainly exists on FreeBSD. But apparently
> > "unwind.h" is not installed along with GCC in your distribution.
> > This is a mandatory header for all C/C++ compilers which claim
> > conformance to the exception handling ABI (GCC does). I.e. the
> > FreeBSD installation of GCC is probably broken.
>
> I'll see if I can get this fixed (I'm a FreeBSD committer). Do you have a
> reference to the exception handling ABI specification? My Google-fu is
> weak.

The page is a bit unorganized and rather ancient, but the given
exception handling specification is still correct:
  http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/

Anyway, GCC _does_ install unwind.h by default. I just tried a
versioned install and it ends up in:

  $PREFIX/lib/gcc/<arch-os>/<version>/include/unwind.h

So you have to actively work _not_ to install it, which would
indicate ignoring upstream preferences. Rarely a good idea.

--Mike