Tony Finch wrote:
> FreeBSD black.csi.cam.ac.uk 7.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jan  1 14:37:25 UTC 2009     root@logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>
> The comments at the head of lj_err.c imply it should be using the internal
> unwind support which does not require OS or library support, but it is
> still trying to include and link to the system's non-existent unwind
> support:

It doesn't do external unwinding, but it catches exceptions
crossing interpreter frames and sets up a DWARF exception handler
for this purpose.

The unwind support certainly exists on FreeBSD. But apparently
"unwind.h" is not installed along with GCC in your distribution.
This is a mandatory header for all C/C++ compilers which claim
conformance to the exception handling ABI (GCC does). I.e. the
FreeBSD installation of GCC is probably broken.

You can grab the header file from the GCC sources (somewhere under
/usr/src on FreeBSD I guess). It's the file gcc/unwind-generic.h
which is installed as unwind.h in the GCC-version-specific
includes or in /usr/include for flat installs.

--Mike