Hi Mike,

Rima's test suite seems to fail or pass depending on whether I put in print statements to try to figure out what's going on.  The same print statements don't always solve the problem.  The print statements don't seem to need to involve the variables that seem to be at the root of the problem - sometimes print("hello") works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sorry for such a vague report, and it's most likely I'm depending on undefined behavior somewhere, but since I'm having trouble working this out, do you have any ideas what this might be?  Any ideas what changes a print statement might cause or what undefined behavior has changed since beta2?

The test suite passes on beta2 (i386), it also passes on beta3 with -joff or -jflush.  It fails with all optimisation levels (including -O0).

Cheers,
Geoff