On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Oliver Schmidt wrote:

> > I hope they go away.  It's much easier to apply two patches to the
> > code which don't use the extra space than two which do.
>
> What do you mean with "two patches"? Can you give an example?

I'm sorry I can't remember the specific patch I was having an issue
with, but I do remember vividly fixing merge conflicts with one of my
own patches which used the extra space and another patch which also
used the same mechanism.  It ended up being easier for me to rework my
own patch to directly embed the extra data it needed into the
lua_State and reference it by name, than to try and sort out the
ickyness of two extensions trying to use the same space at the same
time.  The merge tool was happier too.

Cheers,

Joonas