On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:18:40 -0800
Rory Toma <rory@ooma.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:35:45 -0800
> > Rory Toma<rory@ooma.com>  wrote:
> >

> >> I notice that every package that I cross compile, I have to, at a
> >> minimum, rewrite the configure scripts and often the Makefiles.
> >> What is the standard lua way of building for cross-compile?
> >>
> > /path/to/your/cross-compiler -Isrc etc/all.c -o lua
>
> It's not that, it's that all the support scripts seem to be
> standardized in a way which
>
> 1) wants to call the local lua on the build machine to get
> installation info 2) Makefiles often have things like CFLAGS and CC
> hardcoded 3) There is usually no support for things like $(DESTDIR)

Then it's time to file bugs with patches, alas.

> Each set of files looks similar enough that they probably are based
> on the same original set, yet each is different enough that they have
> to be tweaked by hand.

Yes, I've found this.  Even building Lua modules with native code
segments natively is often a pane, because the build systems are nearly
universally dreadful.  There's LuaRocks, but that's not designed to
solve your problem, and has a load of its own.

B.