Lawrie Nichols wrote:
> I notice that in the current LuaJIT2 beta (pulled from git this
> morning), the lua_dump() function is effectively a noop. Is this
> something that will be implemented in the future, or is there an
> underlying issue that prevents the implmentation of this function ?

Bytecode loading/saving is not a priority right now:

- The bytecode format itself is still in flux during the betas.

- It won't be compatible with Lua's bytecode in any case.

- The parser is quite fast, so you wouldn't gain much.

- Hiding the source code is not an issue for open source
  developers. So far, no closed source developer has asked for
  this feature and was also willing to cover the development costs.

There are more pressing issues right now, so I'd need to hear some
really good arguments before starting to work on it.

--Mike