On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Rob Kendrick wrote:

> Incidentally, I think it would be a great improvement if LuaRocks used
> libtool if it is installed to build shared objects, because that almost
> always gets it right, where everybody else almost always gets it wrong.

IME libtool gets it wrong at least as often as other build tools, and it
has the MAJOR disadvantage that when it gets it wrong it is extremely
difficult to fix. (Plus it is astonishingly incredibly slow.)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.