If you use apache, just make sure to set allowoverride to all, and put this in your .htaccess:

Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .lua

Then WSAPI is your friend.

If you want to try another alternative (very experimental) check Nutria Nemo: http://gitorious.org/nutria/nemo, it does not requires WSAPI, nor Kepler, just CGILua (for a few weeks more). Also notice that Nemo depends on Seawolf http://gitorious.org/nutria/seawolf (Standard PHP Library implemented in Lua)

Blessings.