Peter Cawley wrote:
In your particular example, namewhat would be "local", rather than
"field" or "method". Whilst you could use my suggestion to force every
call to be via : notation, I intended it to be used *after* you've
realised that your parameters are wrong, to try and tell the user why,
in which case it cannot break any legitimate uses.

Of course. Sorry, can't have considered that one correctly.. I was too eager to look for someone's solution to the problem that'd block legitimate uses ;).