> Original Russian text: "ABI и байткод, как и ожидалось, несовместимы с 5.1."

> Correct English translation: "As expected, ABI and bytecode are
> incompatible with version 5.1."

> Google's English translation: "ABI and bytecode, as expected,
> compatible with 5.1."

> "incompatible" becomes "compatible". Worse than useless!

Yep. I've heard about Google Translate bombs (and seen their results).
In translations from Portuguese to Russian, any independence movement
becomes Ukrainian, flora becomes fauna and some numbers get $
prepended. (That could be fixed now though -- its translations change
rapidly.)

> I believe the original Russian article is by Alexandder Gladysh. He
> posted something very similar on the Lua Wiki back in January.

Yep. Almost the same, just a bit drier. Please see
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaFiveTwo. Contributions are welcome.

Alexander.