On 2010-02-15, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just found this interesting article from a Russian blogger which discusses
> some of the upcoming changes.
>
> Here is the English translation
>
> http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/development/80429/&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhZ3KIVIhWjXaJXkLdoxQZE_6H09Q

Please, do NOT use the google translation of this article. It is so
bad that meaning of some statements is inverted. For example,

Original Russian text: "ABI и байткод, как и ожидалось, несовместимы с 5.1."

Correct English translation: "As expected, ABI and bytecode are
incompatible with version 5.1."

Google's English translation: "ABI and bytecode, as expected,
compatible with 5.1."

"incompatible" becomes "compatible". Worse than useless!

I believe the original Russian article is by Alexandder Gladysh. He
posted something very similar on the Lua Wiki back in January.

--Leo--