That was not what I meet with my post. What sells and become a success has nothing to do with what programming language you are using. And indeed non of the above mentioned are any big successes. :) (However they were marketed as AAA games.)

I just wanted to point out that you can indeed make a "big" videogame that is partly written in Lua. That consists of about 1,000,000 lines of Lua code and preforms 10,000-50,000 function calls per frame. (In Lua)
And still run it on an xbox360 and ps3.

I'm sure that some of you are not surprised to hear about this. But the general view today by a lot of people is that Lua (or any other dynamic language) is to slow to be used to other things then just basic levelcripting and configuration, and definitely to slow to run on today's video consoles.

So I just wanted to give some examples of "big" games that I can account for is using Lua. Not only as a scripting language. But also as a full scale programming language that has replaced about 50% of what was once written in C++.