On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...and we need to package one of them for Debian. I haven't decided on
> a solution yet, but ultimately it's hurting everyone to have multiple
> incompatible libraries like this.

I agree... FWIW my implementation on github.com/brimworks/lua-zlib was
just me playing around with lua, trying to make an easy to use
streaming interface.

I agree that standardizing on how zlib is exposed to lua would be a
good idea :-).  Personally, I like the interface I expose since it is
a dirt-simply two function library.  However, I'm on-board with
standardizing, even if it means I get a different API.

Thanks,
-Brian

--
Brian Maher >> Glory to God <<