Antonio Scuri wrote:
PS2: we delayed the decision upon the run time library in Windows so others
can manifest their option, and since we have some time before Lua 5.2 final.

Good idea.

Clearly stating the objectives could probably help in making a wise decision. Here's what I can think of:

- Easy compilation of external libraries for use with LuaBinaries, using an open source (or at least a free) compiler.

- Easy transfer of executables and libraries between (compatible) PCs, i.e. no need to install things into system directories.

What did I forget?

  Enrico