On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Stefan <stefan@chehalispost.com> wrote:
>  But Daniel brought up a good point for the long term. Lua is not
> eating it's own dog food. Much of the Perl/PHP/Ruby/Python camps are
> currently avoiding this assault on their collective pride. I assume that
> even this list runs on software that does not utilize Lua in some way.
>
> Maybe it is just me, but I find this vaguely embarrassing.

Oh yes, the dog food issue is very relevant. Jim Whitehead's WoW Lua
forums are all powered by Sputnik, as is the LuaSnippets prototype:

http://snippets.luacode.org

This is stock Sputnik styled using Betrand Mansion's LF2 design
mockup, but it badly needs more design attention.  There is another
design exercise by Fernando P. García, done using Drupal:

 http://develcuy.com/lf-a/node/add

Which develops some ideas about what the 'add a project' form should look like.

The general LuaForge 2 development effort is headed by Andre Carregal.
 There has been debate about whether LF2 should include projects plus
snippets, or whether they should be logically separate. Personally, I
think it makes sense to combine them, since they share so many
concepts, but we have yet to decide on the implementation framework,
other than it should be Lua-based.

Sometimes it's a question of tactics vs strategy.  A number of people
have asked why Lua Nova is not done using a Lua blog engine rather
than Wordpress; strategically, that is a good idea, but tactically
it's better to get the articles out.

steve d.