> > Thanks to the Lua team for their brilliant work - my background was
> > contracting with Tcl/Tk in the 90s - wish I'd known about Lua then, now
> > there's enough to keep me occupied in my retirement.
>
> Lol... I think Lua is basically what we all _wanted_ tcl to be back then...

I rememember reading the preface of Ousterhout's 1994 book "Tcl and the
Tk Toolkit" and liking it a lot: he exposed all the right ideas and
reasons for developing an embedable scripting; too bad the syntax he
chose wasn't to my linking.

That preface is available on line at
	http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Tcl-and-the-Tk-Toolkit/John-K-Ousterhout/e/9780321670878#EXC

(click on "Read an Excerpt")