Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
> Understood. But my question aims to the normal use of closures
> too, not necessarily within loops. Of course, pushing the closure
> into the heap cannot be avoided but what's about the access.
> Is there a remarkable difference between Lua 5.1 and JIT-2?

Well, there should be a remarkable difference in speed in general.
But this is very dependent on what your application does and how
it accesses objects. There's no simple generic advice I can offer.

I suggest you try to benchmark your code with the different VMs
and then you'll see what works best.

--Mike