Jorge <xxopxe@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 17:05 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Uh, the posting you replied to contained an example right after the part
>> you quoted.  Let me fetch that spoon.
>
> Ah, that was an example! I thought it was just assembler :) With
> assembler, my successes are reduced to implementing a traffic light in
> a PIC16 with 3 LEDs and 2 buttons, and implementing half a screensaver
> on a 8086 (the screen goes blank after a delay, but never resumes back
> on a keystroke). It's like a negative superpower i have.

That's about the same for everybody.  Which is the reason that when
programming in assembly language, you don't want to make things more
complicated than necessary.

So also my typical interrupt handlers look rather linear, with things
like

call nextinterrupt

"waiting" for the next interrupt (in reality swapping stack pointers and
returning from interrupt).

--
David Kastrup