steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> [2010-01-06 16:51:18]:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM, King, Mike <MKing@klmicrowave.com> wrote:
> >> Any thought about making this cross-platform? I really need Linux and Windows.
> >
> > I don't know Linux will enough so probably not.
>
> OK, this is not exactly portable.  I do have Linux serial
> terminal-setting code, I'll have a look at Mike's interface and see
> how it can fit in.

Hi Steve,

you might've missed my post, but I do have cross-plaftorm library[1], I use it
for almost 3 years now on Linux, Win32 and WinCE/Mobile. I think, that porting
it to other Posix-like platforms such as MacOS or *BSDs should be easy. It's
MIT licensed.

Initialy it was only C library, then I added Lua bindings[2] for it. So the
point is, that it can be used as standalone C library, as Lua module or other
language module if somebody writes support for it - I would like to add python
bindings also if the time permits me to do so.

Is anything wrong with it?

1. http://github.com/ynezz/librs232
2. http://github.com/ynezz/librs232/blob/master/bindings/lua/luars232.c

-- ynezz