> Talking about 3D graphics, I would love to have it but unfortunately I
> don't have the good background in 3D graphics. I hope to get some help
> soon or later to implement 3D graphics for GSL shell...

I made a 3D wrapper for cairo which could probably be adapted for AGG.
 I made the interface look exactly like OpenGL (plus some minor
additions) so that I could simply change the environment of the
drawing function and it would switch form rendering in an OpenGL
context to a PDF or PNG:

http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/projects/luaAV/browser/branches/luaav3/extra/modules/cgl/init.lua

wes