steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Francesco Abbate <gslshell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, that's all. As usual, any suggestion or criticism is welcome but
>> please no flames about the short function syntax or the complex
>> number support.
>
> Nah, we've done that.

Don't think so.  The short function syntax debate was not about its
inclusion in GSL-shell but rather about whether to include it in
mainstream Lua.  I don't think that anybody expressed an issue with
Francesco modifying his GSL-shell-internal Lua interpreter.

> Now we will probably argue about licenses.

Whatever.  I consider it appropriate for Francesco to post announcements
about GSL-shell here.  I agree that most of the followup discussions so
far have been a distraction having little to do with GSL-shell itself.

Since this list is not actually the right place to discuss GSL-shell in
itself (but possibly some of its Lua-related design decisions and
implementation details), he should not be all too surprised or
disappointed if the response on the list is not overly productive: for
announcements, I should expect this to be the rule.  But that does not
mean that the announcements should not be made.  It will get people to
notice, and possibly eventually try things out and contribute back on
other channels.

--
David Kastrup