KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> writes:
> It's hard to grow a community for a niche project. But I'm sure it can
> be done. Good luck and best wishes. Keep plugging along.
>
> PS. Some may label this post as "killjoy". But I'm just espousing
> practical expectations instead of optimistic expectations.

Most projects don't have a "community" worth the name anyway, and one
probably shouldn't write a program expecting one.

That's one reason why "scratch your own itch" seems like a very good
advice for anyone interested in writing a FOSS program.  It's gratifying
and encouraging if other people enjoy what you make (and even better if
they want to help you), but first make yourself happy...

-Miles

--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright