> Seems most people create their own solution due to the
> lack of a widely used coroutine library? (even here:
> Wim's uthread/fiber)

The fiber stuff was a proof of concept that user mode threading (on
Windows) can be added as a module without core changes at all.  It
predates CoCo (if only by a few days if I remember correctly.)  All
attention went to RVM back then.

uthread is not Lua related at all.  (The name turned out to be chosen
quite badly.)  It is small, has some nice features and was born out of
curiosity more than necessity.

Bye,
Wim