On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Tiago Katcipis <tiagokatcipis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am inspired by the examples on Qt, GTK, wx etc, i already used all them,
> but i wanted something more generic, not GUI related.

Many of the api details of the event implementations for c/c++ seem to
me to exist as
an artifact of static typing. Its difficult enough to call aribtrary
methods on objects of arbitrary unknown
types in C++ that you want to wrap the cleverness into a library (and
a pre-compiler, in Qt's case).

Doing this in lua is so trivial that I'm not sure what it would look
like. If you do implement it, especially
with your experience in with so many other event systems, I'd be very
interested in seeing what it
looks like.

Cheers,
Sam