Hi!

2009/12/30 Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>:
>> This is the error message when lua.exe crashes (it's a german XP, but
>> you'll get the point):
>>
>> lua.exe - Fehler in Anwendung
>> Die Anweisung in "0x100098a9" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00448950".
>> Der Vorgang "written" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt
>> werden.
>
> I did not (unless the point is that this error message has no useful
> information ;).

I'm sorry. I think it means that an instruction in memory address
"0x100098a9" attempted to write to address "0x00448950", which is a
segfault probably. The error message does not say the latter
explicitly, only that "written" could not be performed (the wording
sounds equally strange in german).

>> This is an excerpt from test.lua generating the error (slightly
>> modified, last line crashes):
>>
>> t = {}
>> s = ""
>> p = function (s1, i) assert(s == s1); t[#t + 1] = i; return nil end
>> s = "hi, this is a test"
>>
>> e = ((p - m.P(-1)) + 2)^0
>> m.match(e, s)
>
> Did you try to run only this fragment?

Yes, I did. I quoted the excerpt to corner the error down.

Regards,
Matthias