Well, I am still not sure if that is "I'm not going to do it because I think
it is a bad idea." or "I'm not going to put that into Lua 5.2 because there
are more important things to deliver first." Most software processes I am
familiar with have a two stage decision process, an architectural decision
and an implementation decision. I would be perfectly happy if there was a
list somewhere where an idea was "Accepted/Rejected/Pending" so I was sure
it was not failing because it had been forgotten about or misunderstood.

And I will point out that I have only posted in response to others asking
questions or raising objections based on misunderstandings of the idea. I
have tried in the past to hold discussions like this on the WiKi which
strikes me as a much better medium for technical discussion, but
unfortunately that seems to be a write-only medium!