> I am just determined to make sure this idea keeps its head above the sea of
> noise until Roberto gets round to pronouncing on it definitively.

With due respect, I would say that by now you cannot keep this idea
above the noise, because it became the noise.

I am not sure what you mean by a "definitive" answer (does it mean we
cannot change our minds later??), but if this is the only way to stop
the noise, I give a definitive answer: no, we do not intend to add
an __iter metamethod in Lua 5.2.

-- Roberto