[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua OS!
- From: Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@...>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:08:10 +0100
On 18/12/2009 15:41, Jorge wrote:
Now that there is a lot of traffic on the list on grave issues, and the
year is finishing, i'll post this as the chances of going unnoticed are
What would an OS patterned after Lua look like? I'm thinking on the same
relationship UNIX and C have. Thus,
- It must be mostly written in Lua.
- It must run everywhere Lua runs.
- The main concepts should be Lua's (for example, instead of "everything
is a file handle" we would have "everything is a table").
- Of course, it will run Lua programs.
- The spirit must be the same: compact, elegant, portable, embeddable,
For the latter, obviously the core should be made of assembly code generated by LuaJIT!
Somehow, it reminds me of so-called OSes to manage in your Web browser...
Except I expect more performance (and practical use) from a LuaOS!
At least we would have only one shell scripting language!
-- (near) Paris -- France
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --