On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Mark Hamburg <mark@grubmah.com> wrote:
> Does this return a new iterator? I would presume that it would.

I'm tending in this direction, as indicated in the latest update:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/CoreFunctionsProposal

We could always use collect() to get a table.  But traditionally map()
is a list-to-list operation; this is a iterator-to-list operation,
which is starting to feel like it's going between the two
representations implicitly.

But here I would like to know what people feel about this, whether
their expectation is that map is purely list-to-list, and that another
function (map_iter) should be provided for sequence-to-sequence.

steve d.