On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Elbers, H.P. <H.P.Elbers@boskalis.nl> wrote:
> I'm using tolua++ (on a small scale). I think it is a fine tool to bind
> small and medium sized C++ libraries.
>
> "tolua++ is an extended version of tolua, a tool to integrate C/C++ code
> with Lua. "
> http://www.codenix.com/~tolua/

While tolua++ is nice and we are using it as well, there is also
luabind which I personally find the most advanced Lua binding library
using modern C++ techniques. For example it supports smart pointers
out of the box while tolua++ requires some additional hacking.

Here is the documentation -
http://www.rasterbar.com/products/luabind/docs.html

It also makes sense to use the version from the
repository(http://github.com/luabind/luabind) since the latest stable
release 0.8.1 doesn't compile with boost-1.39+. (update: there is
0.9-rc1 which was just released)

--
Best regards, Pavel