On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 04:06, Mike Pall <mikelu-0912@mike.de> wrote:
> As promised in the recent post about the sponsorship program, I've
> now set up a public git repository for LuaJIT 2.0.

Good news!

> The details can
> be found at the download page:

>  http://luajit.org/download.html

I take it that you've intentionally avoided public places like
GitHub.com? (That is your right, of course, I've just got used to
their RSS and collaboration services)

> It has already accumulated quite a few changes compared to the
> LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta2 release:

>  Fix DWARF2 frame unwind information for interpreter on OSX.
>  Fix package.cpath for non-default PREFIX.
>  Fix PHI marking algorithm for references from variant slots.
>  Fix cutoff register in JMP bytecode for some conditional expressions.
>  Fix lua_tocfunction().
>  Compile math.sinh(), math.cosh(), math.tanh() and math.random().
>  Compile various io.*() functions.
>  Drive the GC forward on string allocations in the parser.
>  Improve KNUM fuse vs. load heuristics.
>  Add abstract C call handling to IR.

> I'll be mainly working on the x64 port from now on. The last
> change is already a prerequisite for it. For now I'll try not to
> break the default x86-on-x64 cross-compile target. The x64 port
> needs a lot more work before it can even run the pure interpreter,
> so don't hold your breath.

Please don't interpret this as a attempt to affect your way of
development, but I've thought that LJ2 would be stabilized before x64
port development would be begun.

Can you at least release beta3 incorporating current hotfixes?

Alexander.