Linker wrote:
In my opinion, the best GC is a stopped GC.
So, we can just halt lua's GC for a while, then restart it when system load is low.

Okay, okay, I'll resist the temptation to poke some more... :-)

But, have you seen a Comp Sci paper that implements your idea? I don't believe I have. Would be interested if any such paper can be found.